You can keep your home in top shape with simple tasks throughout the year. This month, be sure to:
- Take a look at your lawn mower and give it a quick tune up
- Examine the exterior foundation grading/slope and ensure water moves away from your home. If water is collecting near the house, you’ll want to get things fixed right away.
- Drain approximately 2 gallons from your water heater to eliminate sediment.
- Examine, repair and replace caulk and grout around your tubs and showers.
- Service your kitchen disposal by grinding several cups of ice cubes.
- Vacuum your bathroom vent covers.
- Test you smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Clean your clothes dryer vent duct.
- Vacuum your bathroom vent covers
- Replace or clean your furnace filter.
- Clean your refrigerator’s condenser coils to keep it operating efficiently.
- Clean around your air conditioning compressor and make sure that it gets sufficient air flow.
Would you like to know how much your home is worth? Click here for a free home valuation.
As always, I appreciate referrals from my friends and past clients. If you know of anyone who is looking to buy or sell real estate, please send them my way!